NACFL forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who to invite to play?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Notorious_JTB

Who to invite to play? Empty
PostSubject: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 11:13

Ey up,

so. We don't want just anyone playing in our league.

I would love it if we could get a good core of people from the Old League involved.

I am particularly keen to Find old Jeff Ruddle. I miss the rivalry. And the Razzle Dazzle of it all lol!

Who is still in contact with whom from the old league?

I imagine D is the best link man here. Given the Sheffield proximity.

Allow,

JTB
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 13:44

Agreed.

Mainly the old gang but if we can't get in touch with enough for a decent sized league then we should open it up to others. Getting randoms maybe a a bit risky but last resort would be to put our details on the official forum. I think having UK & Canadian coaches would open up a lot of opportunities.

D is probably the best start - where the flip is he anyway scratch he's supposed to be giving me the Warlords fluff & logo for the website, GRRRR

Matt used to stay in touch with Jeff and he's on facebook so we could try there?
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 13:56

Sounds good.

one of jake's close friends could be good option for the 2nd round of players. Not a total random.

I had a look for Jeff on facebook and couldn't find him.

I think D is in touch with Paul, or was for a while.
I have Rob and Andy Clarke on Facebook. Didn't you kill Andy's Roger Mortis?

JTB
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 14:07

Yup Very Happy in revenge for him killing Forfar Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by KForfar on Fri May 22 2009, 09:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21 2009, 14:29

so we clearly need the forfar slayer involved!

JTB bounce
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22 2009, 09:51

To be honest he was a spent force by then but managed to distract a number of opponents due to his reputation!
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22 2009, 10:29

KForfar wrote:
To be honest he was a spent force by then but managed to distract a number of opponents due to his reputation!

What was his best stat line?
Was he the lineman with MV 8?
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23 2009, 07:37

Yup and was useless until I gave him catch.

Think he ended up 8/3/4/8 Catch, Dodge, Leap, Side step. Basically an average HE catcher but did the business, scored 5 in one match and 17 in 12 games the season the Cobras won the superleague Cool
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeMon May 25 2009, 11:47

KForfar wrote:
Yup and was useless until I gave him catch.

Think he ended up 8/3/4/8 Catch, Dodge, Leap, Side step. Basically an average HE catcher but did the business, scored 5 in one match and 17 in 12 games the season the Cobras won the superleague Cool

I remember trying to kill him one time.
But it was always way more fun to kill the witch elves cheers
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeTue May 26 2009, 15:40

Getting back on topic, have you heard back from anyone?
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28 2009, 18:17

Andy Stevenson seems keen.

Haven't kept my end of the conversation up.

Been busy with a presentation for an interview today.
Went well. But I have no idea how many people they are interviewing.
Back to top Go down
miserable_jeff

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 13:31

Notorious_JTB wrote:
I am particularly keen to Find old Jeff Ruddle. I miss the rivalry. And the Razzle Dazzle of it all lol!

Heh, less of the old if you don't mind!

Now if I couild just remember where I left my walking stick I'd give you are darn good thrashing!

Jeff (The infamous minature throwing miserable one)
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 13:36

Jeff?

Are you keen to get involved?

The rivalries could get crazy good if so!
Back to top Go down
miserable_jeff

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 13:38

Definately interested to play, when are you looking to start all this up?
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 13:48

We are planning on getting it going as soon as we have a decent number of the old crew back invovled.

The game is supposed to be available for download on the 18th of June.

We list the minimum specs on the league site.

Currently we have

Mark
Me
Jake
Duncan
Andy Clark (small time commitment)

who are in.

but we have a bunch of others who are yet to commit respond to our out reach.

So I would say we would have the numbers we need by middle end of June. But it probably wouldn't kill us to start in July.
Back to top Go down
miserable_jeff

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2009, 13:50

Excellent I'm sure that the wife will have no worries about losing me for yet another night a week for gaming! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maverick

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2009, 03:35

I was speaking to James Thompson (mate of mine) about it last night. He seemed interested so I said I'd keep him posted.
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05 2009, 12:18

Good work Jake. Keep niggling away Wink
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09 2009, 13:45

Ok, I may have another interested coach, Joe may remember my best man Ali. He's going to have a think and let me know if he can spare the time - he has a house move and the birth of his first child to deal with in the next couple of months!
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09 2009, 14:46

KForfar wrote:
Ok, I may have another interested coach, Joe may remember my best man Ali. He's going to have a think and let me know if he can spare the time - he has a house move and the birth of his first child to deal with in the next couple of months!

Yeah I remember.

I was planning on adding him on facebook but never got organised.

not like me Laughing

I am sure he would be great fun.

hmm, again, not like me scratch

I reckon I can get a bunch of Canadians.
It just depends on where we want the balance between new and old to be.
I will ask 1 or 2 now and then we'll see about more.

JTB
Back to top Go down
BB_Warlords

BB_Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22 2009, 03:18

Trying to drum up support on our website. At least 2 or 3 interested in playing... Including Scrowe (for those who remember that would be "little simon" lol! ) and possibly Scanham.

Will try to get them registering for this forum!

I think they may be interested as they are all saying the computer is too easy. A consequence of playing in the Albion league I feel What a Face

I'm not sure about John Harris. He's developed a hatred for Blood Bowl, well specifically dice, since defending his many Albion titles... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who to invite to play?   Who to invite to play? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who to invite to play?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NACFL forums :: The League :: Locker Room-
Jump to: