NACFL forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Awards (suggestions)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KForfar

KForfar

Awards (suggestions) Empty
PostSubject: Awards (suggestions)   Awards (suggestions) I_icon_minitimeThu May 28 2009, 14:39

We've all been in leagues where one or two coaches lose interest half way through because they feel they aren't competing for anything anymore. An idea that I've been considering to try and prevent this is to have plenty of player/team trophies awarded each season. The ideas I've come up with so far are listed below, feel free to suggest alternatives/others as well as names. I'll keep this original post up-to-date.

Team awards

Top Eastern team - Prince of Wails Trophy
Top Western team - Un-named
Highest points score - Un-named
Best offense - Un-named
Best defense - Un-named
Roughest team - Spiked Gauntlet (the 'spikey')
Toughest team - Trautmann Trophy

Player awards

Top scorer - Un-named
Most casualties - Killoggs Khorne Flakes Trophy / Golden Boot Award
Rookie of the year - Un-named
Play-off MVP - Conny Scythe Trophy
Most humorous death - D'Arwun Memorial Trophy

Last edited by KForfar on Thu Jun 18 2009, 12:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dwarfrunner

PostSubject: Re: Awards (suggestions)   Awards (suggestions) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18 2009, 11:11

Love the trophy names, do we want to carry that theme through all of them? The "roughest team" could be "The Spiked Gauntlet", or is that too simple? I am having a hard time remembering trophy names.

Most CAS for a team could all be the "Golden Boot"? haha, but I may be the only one that finds that funny.
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

PostSubject: Re: Awards (suggestions)   Awards (suggestions) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18 2009, 12:05

"Golden Boot" is a good suggestion for the player CAS award, especially since they're likely to be a fouling b@st@ard!

I actually think the "Spiked Gauntlet" is funnier, I can just picture a Chaos Warrior picking up the team "spikey" at an award ceremony, very butch lol!
Back to top Go down
dwarfrunner

PostSubject: Re: Awards (suggestions)   Awards (suggestions) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18 2009, 16:01

Well, if the Eastern is the "Prince of Wails Trophy", the Western should be "Clarence Crumple Trophy", seems fitting.

Also, I think the "Highest Points Scored" trophy should be the "League Champion Trophy", possibly called the "President Nuffle Trophy", or something like that, and there should be a Playoff Champion Trophy called "Bloodweiser Blood Bowl Championship Trophy" or "Blood Bowl", which is the BIG prize.

As well, I tihnk we should have a "League MVP", which is separate from the "Top Scoerer" since they two do not always coincide with each other. And for a total cheese factor, the "Rookie Award" could be called the "Young Gunz Award".

Anyways, thats my two-cents, can't wait for the game to be released. I was trying to figure out if the download version is available in Canada? Can't really tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awards (suggestions)   Awards (suggestions) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awards (suggestions)
Page 1 of 1