NACFL forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Important Question 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KForfar

KForfar

Important Question 2 Empty
PostSubject: Important Question 2   Important Question 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2009, 12:10

Ok, so assuming I get a positive response to Question 1 then here's something else to consider...

I've been keeping an eye on Blood Bowl Digital which is a great website created by a guy called Booty. One of the cool things he's done is create a league management app to replace the cyanide online server. Take a look at the overview here and at the existing leagues here.

So my question is... should we use it?

From what I've seen the advantages of the offline mode are;

1. Not every coach will need a copy of the game so long as they have access to it meaning more people can join in.
2. Hotseat matches can be played meaning, where possible, coaches can get together to play matches face-to-face rather than having to play via the internet.
3. League options are more flexible (e.g. cyanide server requires multiple of 4 teams for a league) including possibility to amend teams as we go along (salary cap rules?).
4. Full league & team stats are available without having to load up the game.
5. Online games are still possible via direct IP.

The disadvantages I can think of are;
1. I have no idea how direct IP works - this may be a deal breaker.
2. It's a bit more work as you need to manually download teams & upload match reports.
3. It's only a beta at the moment so there will be bugs (but lets face it there are plenty in the game anyway).

Please post your views here and then we'll have a vote or something.
Back to top Go down
dwarfrunner

PostSubject: Re: Important Question 2   Important Question 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2009, 12:35

Looks good to me, but I really don't know what the difference is. As long as the stats work and I can play games in a league format whatever is the easiest/most effective system is fine by me.

It will be nice to play some real coaches finally, I think playing the computer all this time is making me worse than better (even though I still win all my games).
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

PostSubject: Re: Important Question 2   Important Question 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20 2009, 13:00

I think this might be a good option.

I haven't had time to go throuhg it all but I have heard of all sorts of problems with the cyanide stuff.

It would solve several problems. And could allow people to play in person on one PC too Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Question 2   Important Question 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important Question 2
Page 1 of 1